Flower Care 101
- Fill containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Pour flower food in the water depending on size of the container, add more or less depending.
- Using scissors or a knife, cut the stems diagonally approximately an inch from each stem's bottom edge.
- Immediately after cutting place stems in prepared water.
- Allow flowers at least 1 hour to hydrate well.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 3 days to keep flowers fresh.
- Assure that you have sufficient water in the vase as the flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
- For the specific case of lilies, remove stamen (in the center of the flower) to avoid stains on flowers or clothing.